General Admissions Criteria
ACPE courses are not ATAR dependent. However, to enter our degrees directly, you must meet the general admissions criteria. If you want direct entry into an ACPE Dance or Education degree you have to meet additional special entry requirements.
General admissions criteria
You must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for admission. If you are unable to meet the general admission requirements below, there are pathways available. For more information, please read this information
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent. ACPE will review your HSC results to determine if you require any additional support in your studies. We will counsel you about the most appropriate course for you based on your previous studies and results.
- A qualification from a recognised Institute of Higher Education in Australia or equivalent
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (If you wish to enter through a Certificate IV, you must have completed Year 11 or equivalent)
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English
- Demonstration to the CEO and Dean’s satisfaction of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6)
If you have existing qualifications, you may be able to receive credit for previous studies.
Additional entry requirements which apply to specific courses
If you intend to apply for the Bachelor of Dance Education, Bachelor of Dance Practice and Bachelor of Health Science (Dance) you are required to attend an audition and achieve a satisfactory outcome. Please contact an enrolment advisor on 1300 302 867 to apply for a dance audition.
You will need to demonstrate skills and attributes at an audition in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome for entry into the course. The criteria for a successful Dance audition and acceptance into one of the three Dance courses are linked to standards of dance technique and dance composition. You will be evaluated on your ability to achieve the minimum standard required for Year 1.
These criteria include:
- Fitness for dance: (strength, endurance, flexibility)
- Alignment, coordination and self-use
- Ability to learn and remember new movement patterns and sequences
- Accuracy and clarity of execution
- Performance presence / quality
- Composition: inventiveness and readiness generating unique movement relative to an idea
To enter directly into the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education) course or the Bachelor of Dance Education course, you must have a minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 65% (calculated from the average of the highest 10 units completed) or equivalent, AND three Band 5 results or higher, including one in NSW English or equivalent.
You must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant area.
- An Advanced Diploma, Diploma or higher level vocational certificate with additional relevant work experience. You will have to provide evidence of at least two years’ full time work experience in a relevant field.
- Extensive relevant work or educational experience demonstrating potential to undertake work at the Graduate Diploma level. You may be accepted to the Graduate Certificate and can progress to the Graduate Diploma on successful completion of the four Graduate Certificate units.
The Undergraduate Certificates are not intended for School Leavers but are aimed at individuals who have been working in the health promotion, allied health, sport or related industry for at least 2 years. You will have to meet the following requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the Industry – you are required to provide a resume and a reference from your employer confirming your employment, together with a personal statement about your readiness for undertaking higher education studies; and
- One of the following:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (If you wish to enter through a Certificate IV, you must have completed Year 11 or equivalent); OR
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university; OR
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration to the Dean’s satisfaction of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and Ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6).
- You have to meet the English Language proficiency requirements. Please view the specific requirements here.
- These courses are NOT available to International students.
You can apply for entry as a mature age student if:
You will be 21 years or older on 1 March of the year you intend to enrol at ACPE.
- You do not have an ATAR for admission to any course but have completed either; HSC or equivalent, or Year 11 and Cert IV.
- You do not have any records of previous study at undergraduate level
- You have completed a Tertiary Preparation course in the last two years.