- 3Y FT or PT equivalent
- Study Mode:
- On-campus; Online
- Major studies:
- Fitness studies, Science for fitness, VET and management, Professional skill development
- Suggested secondary school subjects:
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education, Biology
- FEE-HELP available:
- Entry requirements:
- Find out more >
The right course for you?
If you're looking for the next level of fitness degree - one that combines with superior Fitness and Personal Training courses - you've come to the right place.
At the ACPE you will 'train to train', immersing yourself in the latest industry innovations and developments. Applied Fitness is a 'hands-on' discipline that delivers specialist vocational training to those wishing to work at the top of the fitness and personal training industry.
If you aspire to a career as a high-level professional trainer working in an applied fitness environment, this course is specifically designed to give you a winning edge.
Looking to become a personal trainer?
Our ACPE Academy Fitness Qualifications can provide you with the skills you need to become a Personal Trainer. The Certificate III and IV in Fitness, available on-campus and online. Find out more >
Pathways to the Bachelor of Applied Fitness
Students wishing to study the Bachelor of Applied Fitness but do not meet the entry requirements can enter through a Diploma level qualification at our sister college, ACPE Academy. Contact us to find out more >
Previously, Australia's rapidly-growing fitness industry required vocational qualifications as an entry point. The Bachelor of Applied Fitness incorporates this vocational requirement while delivering a higher level of qualification - namely, an undergraduate degree.
The Bachelor of Applied Fitness combines the theory and practice of the field - motivation and learning, ethics, communication, and administration are each balanced with the 'hard yard' demands of practical training.
Designed by professional fitness association members, providers of current industry accreditation, and academics with industry experience, the Bachelor of Applied Fitness is divided into four strands –
- Fitness Studies
- Fitness Science
- Vocational Education Training (VET) and Management
- Professional Skill Development
Begin your fitness and personal training career
This qualification provides a superior gateway to such lucrative growth areas as personal training, corporate health, special needs training, fitness writing, and event presentation. It can also open doors to further study and research in fitness and health-related fields.
The degree is made up of the following courses –
- Health promotion and fitness improvement strategies for the general population and special needs groups
- Fitness Management
- Human Anatomy
The Bachelor of Applied Fitness can be completed in three years of full-time study. A maximum of eight years is allowed for students to complete the degree part-time.
The course program is divided into six semesters, each of 12 weeks duration. Study involves approximately 17 contact hours a week, (excluding examination and study weeks).
At the completion of first year, students are qualified to work as personal trainers. Many students launch personal training careers while undertaking second and third year studies, a model of experiential learning that accelerates academic development.
- Understanding Health
- Foundation of Human Biology for Fitness
- Fitness Principles and Programming
- Introduction to Responsible Fitness Management
- Methods of Motivation in Fitness
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Exercise Prescription throughout the lifespan
- Small Business Management - Principles for the Fitness Industry
- Health & Activity for Diverse Groups
- Applied Exercise Physiology for Fitness
- Strength & Conditioning
- Professional Communication
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Exercise & Social Development Through the Lifespan
- IT in Fitness
Associate Degree of Applied Fitness Exit Point
- Fitness Industry Trends and Issues
- Mechanics of Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Understanding and Using Research
- Professional Ethics
- Professional Practice and Reflection in the Fitness Industry
- Physiology & Nutrition for Populations with Lifestyle Diseases
- Small Business Mgmt - Practices for the Fitness Industry
- Problem Based Learning: Theme of Fitness for Diverse Populations
By completing the course program, graduates are qualified to pursue a range of fitness and personal training careers.
Employment opportunities include -
- Specialised fitness trainer
- Strength & conditioning coach
- High performance manager
- Fitness industry