- 3Y FT or PT equivalent
- Major studies:
- Coaching and Coaching Pedagogy, Sport Administration, Human Movement Science, and Professional Skill Development
- Suggested secondary school subjects:
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education, Business Studies, Biology
- FEE-HELP available:
- Entry requirements:
- Find out more >
The right course for you?
ACPE is proud to offer Australia’s leading sports coaching course.
Developing sought-after specialist expertise and acquiring the knowledge that allows you to get the best out of others is the focus of this program.
If your interests in the sport industry are not limited to a single type of role, the sports coaching course delivers genuine versatility and breadth of expertise.
The Bachelor of Sports Coaching & Administration is a specialised degree that fosters the coaching, administrative, and professional skills necessary for a fulfilling career in sport.
It educates students in modern coaching and conditioning techniques, as well as in the management of the political, legislative, and administrative complexities increasingly encountered in the sports sector.
Launch your career in the sports coaching industry
The course offers a unique mix of human movement and coaching studies, along with a variety of generic professional skills.
More than being simply knowledge-based, the course incorporates a strong problem-solving focus. The result is a flexible foundation upon which students build the key competencies appropriate to highly successful sports coaches and administrators.
The Bachelor of Sports Coaching & Administration can be completed in three years of full-time study. A maximum of eight years is allowed for students to complete the degree part-time.
The course program is divided into six semesters, each of 12 weeks duration. Study involves approximately 16 contact hours a week (excluding examination and study weeks).
The Associate Degree serves as an exit point from the degree after two years – students graduate with an Associate Degree in Sports Coaching & Administration.
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Foundation of Performance for Human Movement
- Governance in Sport
- IT in Sport Administration
Inter-semester: Industry Experience 1
- Psychology of Performance and Participation
- Strength and Conditioning for Human Movement
- Sport Administration
- Problem Based Learning 1: Theme - Performance Management
- Athletic Development Through the Lifespan
- Understanding Motion and Human Movement
- Effective Professional Communication
Inter-semester: Industry Experience 2
- Advanced Training Principles & Exercise Prescription
- Human Resource Management
- Legal Issues in Sport
- Problem Based Learning 2: Theme – Law and Officiating
Associate Degree Exit Point
- Theory and Application of Coaching Games
- Project Management in Sports Admin
- Marketing and Public Relations in Sport
- Professional Ethics
- Performance Analysis & Research in Coaching
- Inclusive Coaching
- Financial Admin Management
- Problem Based Learning 3: Theme – Performance Analysis and Evaluation
By completing the course program, graduates are qualified to work as –
- Sports coaching development officers
- Directors of coaching
- Coaching coordinators
- Sports administrators
- Self-employed coaching providers
Organisations that employ graduates –
- National and state-based sporting organisations
- Professional sports clubs
- Government agencies (national, regional, local)
Past graduate employers –
- Newington College
- PCYC Parramatta Eagles
- Cronulla Sharks
- Loftus TAFE
- Baseball NSW