- 3Y FT or PT equivalent
- Study Mode:
- On-campus; Online
- Major studies:
- Dynamics of Human Movement, Training and Performance Principles, Professional Skill Development, Coaching and Coaching Pedagogy and Sport Administration
- Suggested secondary school subjects:
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education, Business Studies, Biology
- FEE-HELP available:
- Entry requirements:
- Find out more >
The right course for you?
ACPE is proud to offer Australia’s leading sports coaching course.
Developing sought-after specialist expertise and acquiring the knowledge that allows you to get the best out of others is the focus of this program.
If your interests in the sport industry are not limited to a single type of role, the sports coaching course delivers genuine versatility and breadth of expertise.
The highly flexible course is designed with working people in mind. It is delivered online and on-campus and students can choose to enrol either full-time or part-time. No need to give up your current job to access the best sports academic experience in Australia.
The Bachelor of Sports Coaching & Administration is a specialised degree that fosters the coaching, administrative, and professional skills necessary for a fulfilling career in sport.
It educates students in modern coaching and conditioning techniques, as well as in the management of the political, legislative, and administrative complexities increasingly encountered in the sports sector.
Launch your career in the sports coaching industry
The course offers a unique mix of human movement and coaching studies, along with a variety of generic professional skills.
More than being simply knowledge-based, the course incorporates a strong problem-solving focus. The result is a flexible foundation upon which students build the key competencies appropriate to highly successful sports coaches and administrators.
The Bachelor of Sports Coaching & Administration can be completed in three years of full-time study. A maximum of eight years is allowed for students to complete the degree part-time.
The course program is divided into six semesters, each of 12 weeks duration. Study involves approximately 16 contact hours a week (excluding examination and study weeks).
The Associate Degree serves as an exit point from the degree after two years – students graduate with an Associate Degree in Sports Coaching & Administration.
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Foundation of Performance for Human Movement
- Sport Administration
- IT in Sport Administration and Coaching
Inter-semester: Professional Experience 1
- Psychology of Performance and Participation
- Strength and Conditioning for Human Movement
- Governance in Sport
- Athletic Development Through the Lifespan
- Understanding Motion and Human Movement
- Effective Professional Communication
- Preparation, Performance and Rehabilitation
Inter-semester: Professional Experience 2
- Advanced Training Principles & Exercise Prescription
- Human Resource Management
- Legal Issues in Sport
- Problem Based Learning 1: Theme Identification and Development of Talent
Associate Degree Exit Point
- Theory and Application of Coaching Sport
- Event and Project Management
- Public Relations in Sports Management
- Professional Ethics
- Performance Analysis & Research in Coaching
- Inclusive Coaching
- Sport Finance
- Problem Based Learning 2: Theme – Acquiring and Retaining Coach Expertise
By completing the course program, graduates are qualified to work as –
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Sports coaching development officers
- High performance manager
- Strength & conditioning coach
- Sports administrators
- Director of coaching
Organisations that employ graduates –
- National and state-based sporting organisations
- Professional sports clubs
- Government agencies (national, regional, local)
Past graduate employers –
- Newington College
- PCYC Parramatta Eagles
- Cronulla Sharks
- Loftus TAFE
- Baseball NSW