- 1Y FT or PT equivalent
- March/July (Online)
- Study Mode:
- Major studies:
- Applicants should refer to the course structure table
- Suggested secondary school subjects:
- FEE-HELP available:
- Entry requirements:
- Find out more >
The right course?
This sports administration course is designed to meet the academic and professional needs of those seeking a career as middle and senior managers in the sports and related industries.
Individuals come to the diploma from a variety of related disciplines, taking the opportunity to consolidate specific knowledge of the advanced disciplines surrounding sports administration courses.
- The highly flexible online course is designed with working people in mind. It is delivered exclusively online and students can choose to enrol either full-time or part-time. No need to give up your current job to access the best sports academic experience in Australia.
- Online - includes online support and forums
The design of the Graduate Diploma in Sports Administration acknowledges the need of the Australian sports industry for administrators who are familiar with the contemporary sports environment.
The increasing political, legislative, and commercial complexity of the issues surrounding the administration of sport demands managers with enhanced qualifications at a postgraduate level.
Extend your sports administration skills
The strength of this sports administration course lies in the breadth of its focus – governance, finance, law, ethics, facility management, human resource management, marketing, media relations, event management, and risk management.
The exploration of administrative principles within each unit is supported through the use of case studies specific to the sports industry. Case studies provide students with strong application-based and vocationally-relevant learning experiences.
- Principles of Sports Administration
- Accounting and Finance in Sports Admin
- Law and Ethics in Sports Admin
Graduate Certificate in Sports Administration Exit Point
- Facility and Human Resource Management in Sports Admin
- Marketing and Media Relations in Sports Admin
- Event and Risk Management in Sports Admin
- Independent Case Study in Sports Admin
Students can elect to exit the course after four units and graduate with the Graduate Certificate in Sports Administration.
Single subject enrolment
Only require knowledge or skills in a specific area? You can study a single subject as an online option.
The Graduate Diploma of Sports Administration offers the flexibility to tailor management careers according to your individual goals and interests.
Graduates are qualified to work as –
- Sports Administrators
- Sports Researchers
Past graduate employers
ACPE's sports administration courses provide graduates with a range of skills set to gain employment as middle and senior managers in local, national, and international sports organisations –
- Government and semi-government agencies
- Not-for-profit sport organisations and businesses
- Professional sports leagues
- Private sports organisations and businesses