Fee Help

FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay tuition fees.

If you are an Australian citizen, on a New Zealand Special Category visa (SCV) or permanent humanitarian visa holder and meet the residency requirements, then you may be eligible to apply for FEE Help. There are several requirements so please read them carefully to determine your eligibility. The Fee Help Loan does not cover costs like accommodation, laptops or textbooks and can only be used for tuition fees. The Australian Government pays the amount of the loan directly to the student’s Institute of Higher Education, in this case ACPE. Students then repay their loan through the Australian taxation system once their income rises above the minimum threshold for compulsory repayment.

For undergraduate courses of study, the government applies a FEE-HELP loan of 25% (subject to government review). Additional information about the FEE-HELP loan scheme is available from the Government’s Study Assist website.

Specific information about FEE-HELP and its administration at ACPE is available from the Policies and Procedures section

It is also important for you to meet the pass rate requirements to remain eligible for FEE Help.  Please refer to the Study Assist website for more information.

To get a FEE-HELP loan, you will need a tax file number (TFN) and a Request for a FEE-HELP loan form, which your provider will give you.

Your form must be filled in and submitted to your provider before the census date (or administrative date).