Special Provision for Applicants unable to meet the General Admission Criteria
An applicant seeking admission who is unable to demonstrate that he or she satisfactorily meets the General Admission Criteria may apply to the college to be considered for Provisional Admission. An applicant should be aware that if he or she is being considered for Provisional Admission, he or she may be requested to provide evidence that will demonstrate to the Head of College's satisfaction that he or she has a reasonable likelihood of success in his or her studies with the college. They may also be required to attend an interview with the Head of College.
Special circumstances considered in the determining of Provisional Admission, and the conditions of Provisional Admission, may include:
1. Elite Athletes who can demonstrate that their training and/or competitive commitments have affected their academic achievement
2. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, in recognition of the past exclusion and current disadvantage in these people's experience
3. Educational disadvantage due to circumstances beyond the applicant's control. These disadvantages could relate to:
- Serious or chronic illness
- Disrupted education
- Lack of support for study
- Serious family problems
- Significant family responsibilities
An applicant should also be aware that conditions, as determined by the Head of College, would normally be attached to a provisional admission such as:
1. He or she must successfully complete the Foundations of Academic Literacy (FOAL) unit provided by the college in his/her first semester; and/or
2. He or she must undertake a reduced load in the first semester; and/or
3. He or she shall only be permitted to attend a Professional Placement on successful completion of the first 4 units of study, which is the equivalent of one semester at a full-time load.
Pathways to the Bachelor of Applied Fitness
Students wishing to study the Bachelor of Applied Fitness but do not meet the entry requirements can enter through a Diploma level qualification at our sister college, FIAFitnation.
Contact us to find out more >