The next level of fitness degree – combining superior Fitness and Personal Training courses
Build a career as a personal trainer or use your passion to become a high performance manager when you study a Bachelor of Applied Fitness at ACPE.
Designed by professional fitness association members and industry leaders, this hands-on course offers the flexibility and professional development you need to break into the competitive fitness and personal training industry.
Interested in commencing your study in 2018? Prioritise your enquiry with us below.
A snapshot of the Bachelor of Applied Fitness
- Course duration
3 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face with selected subjects available online
- Online learning
Selected subjects available online
Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
4 March 2019
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & direct payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Bachelor of Applied Fitness which you can view, download or share.
An overview of the Bachelor of Applied Fitness.
About the course
Previously, Australia’s rapidly-growing fitness industry required vocational qualifications as an entry point. The Bachelor of Applied Fitness incorporates this vocational requirement while delivering a higher level of qualification – namely, an undergraduate degree.
The Bachelor of Applied Fitness combines the theory and practice of the field – motivation and learning, ethics, communication, and administration are each balanced with the ‘hard yard’ demands of practical training.
Designed by professional fitness association members, providers of current industry accreditation, and academics with industry experience, the Bachelor of Applied Fitness is divided into four strands.
- Fitness Studies
- Fitness Science
- Vocational Education Training (VET) and Management
- Professional Skill Development
Begin your fitness and personal training career
This qualification provides a superior gateway to such lucrative growth areas as personal training, corporate health, special needs training, fitness writing, and event presentation. It can also open doors to further study and research in fitness and health-related fields.
The degree is made up of the following courses
- Health promotion and fitness improvement strategies for the general population and special needs groups
- Fitness Management
- Human Anatomy
The full time course structure for the Bachelor of Applied Fitness.
The Bachelor of Applied Fitness degree can be completed in three years of full-time study. The degree program is divided into six semesters.
- Understanding Health
- Foundation of Human Biology for Fitness
- Fitness Principles and Programming
- Introduction to Responsible Fitness Management
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy & Physiology
- Exercise Prescription Throughout the Lifespan
- Small Business Management – Principles for the Fitness Industry
- Health & Activity for Diverse Populations
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Strength & Conditioning
- Introduction to Understanding Sport and Fitness Research
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Exercise & Social Development Through the Lifespan
- IT in Fitness
- Fitness Industry Trends and Issues
- Mechanics of Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Professional Communication
- Professional Integrity
- Professional Practice and Reflection in the Fitness Industry
- Health, Lifestyle Disease and Exercise Prescription
- Small Business Practices
- Problem Based Learning: Theme of Fitness for Diverse Populations
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.