A snapshot of the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education).
- Course duration
4 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face with selected subjects available online
- Online learning
Selected subjects available online
Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
Enrolling now for 2018 study
March and July annually on campus
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & upfront payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
An overview of the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education).
About the course
This Bachelor of Education (Physical and Health Education) is tailored to include all the relevant subjects for students who seek a career in PE teaching as graduates of the degree. Alternatively graduates may choose careers in the sports, health or movement industries at advanced levels.
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge in the disciplines of Health, Movement and Science
- Develop, implement and evaluate curricula in secondary school settings, with particular emphasis on Physical and Health Education
- Demonstrate the skills, values and attitudes of a professional educator
- Demonstrate effective verbal, written and physical communication skills
- Practice behaviours that promote active, healthy living, and encourage these in others
- Work effectively as a member of a team and accept leadership responsibility
- Apply knowledge and skills to the teaching of Physical and Health Education in contexts other than secondary schools
- Demonstrate a commitment to educational development as a life-long activity
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills including skills in critical and reflective thinking
- Apply research skills to a range of situation
Discover where a Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education) degree can take you.
If you’ve heard the call and are ready to begin your dream career as a PHE teacher, then we here at ACPE have some good news for you. Regardless of whether you want to work in your old high school or for a sports institution, an industry-recognised qualification from us can be your ticket to success. With over 95 years of producing high quality PHE teachers, why would you study anywhere else?
PHE secondary teacher
Sports development officer
Organisations you could work with
Private high schools
Public high schools
Sports / selective high schools
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education) which you can view, download or share.