If you’re keen to pursue a career in physical and health education, the Bachelor of Education (Physical and Health Education) will provide you with the graduate qualification to become a PDHPE teacher.
With highly qualified and experienced lecturers and professional experience you will develop the skills needed to be a confident, classroom ready teacher. Unlike other qualifications, the Bachelor or Education (PHE) from ACPE incorporates subjects in movement and health as well as curriculum and pedagogical studies, arming you with requisite skills for entering the teaching profession.
Interested in studying with ACPE?
A snapshot of the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education).
- Course duration
4 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face with selected subjects available online
- Online learning
Selected subjects available online
Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
- Suitability to teach
In addition to the College’s entry requirements, this course requires all students to complete a Suitability to Teach application.
29 July 2019
2 March 2020
27 July 2020
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & direct payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education) which you can view, download or share.
An overview of the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education).
About the course
This Bachelor of Education (Physical and Health Education) is tailored to include all the relevant subjects for students who seek a career in PE teaching as graduates of the degree. Alternatively graduates may choose careers in the sports, health or movement industries at advanced levels.
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge in the disciplines of Health, Movement and Science
- Develop, implement and evaluate curricula in secondary school settings, with particular emphasis on Physical and Health Education
- Demonstrate the skills, values and attitudes of a professional educator
- Demonstrate effective verbal, written and physical communication skills
- Practice behaviours that promote active, healthy living, and encourage these in others
- Work effectively as a member of a team and accept leadership responsibility
- Apply knowledge and skills to the teaching of Physical and Health Education in contexts other than secondary schools
- Demonstrate a commitment to educational development as a life-long activity
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills including skills in critical and reflective thinking
- Apply research skills to a range of situation
The full time course structure for the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education).
The Bachelor of Education (Physical and Health Education) degree, can be completed in four years of full-time study. The degree program is divided into eight semesters.
- Understanding Health
- Skill Acquisition
- Principles of Movement
- Sport and the Social Context
- Health Priorities for Australia
- Health: A Sociological Perspective
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Playing Sport
- Classroom Skills I
- Curriculum Planning for Learning and Teaching HPE I
- Contemporary Youth Health
- Composition and Performance
- Professional Experience 1
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Intelligence and Cognition
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Exercise Prescription Throughout the Lifespan
- Professional Experience 2
- Classroom Skills II
- Curriculum Planning for Learning and Teaching in HPE II
- Youth Health and Resilience
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Professional Experience 3
- Social Influences and Student Divesity
- Research in Action (Education)
- Sports Medicine
- Athletics and Aquatics Specialisation
- Community and Family Studies
- Principles and Practices in Assessment and Reporting
- The Inclusive Classroom
- Health and Activity for Diverse Populations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Current Issues: A Teaching Research Project
- Leadership And Innovation in Education
- Literacy for Learning and Teaching
- Professional Experience 4
Discover where a Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education) degree can take you.
If you’ve heard the call and are ready to begin your dream career as a PHE teacher, then we here at ACPE have some good news for you. Regardless of whether you want to work in your old high school or for a sports institution, an industry-recognised qualification from us can be your ticket to success. With over 95 years of producing high quality PHE teachers, why would you study anywhere else?
- PHE secondary teacher
- Sports development officer
- Project officer
- Recreation officer
- Youth worker
Further study options
- Private high schools
- Public high schools
- Sports / selective high schools
- Community centres
Did you know?
There are 2 methods of entry available for the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education), direct entry or pathway entry.
To be admitted directly into the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education), applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- Achieve at least three Band 5 HSC results, including one in English; or
- Pass bridging units benchmarked to a Band 5 HSC result; or
- Completion of a NESA approved alternative entry pathway as advised by your prospective university; or
- Have completed a Higher Education Degree.
An applicant for an Education Degree who does not meet the criteria for direct entry may be permitted to enrol in a linked undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Health and Movement – Elective Stream: Sport) and apply for transfer at the end of Year 1 under the following conditions:
- A credit average in first year units in the designated ACPE degree; or
- A credit average in a full year of academic studies at another institution in a degree with ACPE-equivalent; or
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.