The Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) provides students with the foundational health and bioscience subjects with a accompanying fitness major. The degree covers health promotion and awareness as well as foundational science relevant to the human body.
Students are exposed to fitness programming, strength and conditioning, business and exercise for different populations. Practical learning is undertaken in the laboratory, gym and in the field, providing students with exposure to the latest technology and equipment.
This degree also develops professional communication skills essential for engagement with prospective clients.
Interested in studying with ACPE?
A snapshot of the Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness)
- Course duration
3 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face with selected subjects available online
- Online learning
Selected subjects available online
Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
29 July 2019
2 March 2020
27 July 2020
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & direct payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) which you can view, download or share.
An overview of the Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness).
About the course
The Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) course allows you to concentrate your studies in health science with a fitness major to appeal to your interests and career aspirations. You will build a comprehensive understanding of human biomedical science underpinned by fitness industry skills. Plus it will provide the practice of this knowledge in client assessments and in designing, implementing and evaluating exercise programs.
Launch your career in the fitness industry
Graduating with a solid health science base and your knowledge of fitness principles, you will enjoy a range of career options and potential for continued career growth. It’s a hands-on degree where you will gain specialist vocational training to prepare you to work with a wide range of people with varying fitness levels, abilities and ages.
The Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) is divided into three major study areas.
- The Determinants of Health (Core) Stream introduces students to health promotion principles and provides an understanding of the social, psychological and cultural factors influencing general health and wellbeing.
- The Bioscience (Core) Stream provides a background in the structure and function of the human body and explores the concepts of exercise physiology.
- The Fitness (Major) Stream provides students with the professional skills of a fitness and personal trainer focusing on the principles of exercise prescription for all populations.
The full time course structure for the Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness).
The Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) Degree can be completed in three years of full-time study. The degree program is divided into six semesters.
- Understanding Health
- Chemistry I
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Fitness Principles and Programming
- Biology I
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy & Physiology
- Biochemistry and Nutrition
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Systems Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Introduction to Responsible Fitness Management
- Strength and Conditioning
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Exercise Prescription Throughout The Lifespan
- Small Business Management Principles
- Professional Integrity
- Human Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Functional Anatomy
- Research Design and Epidemiology
- Health, Lifestyle Disease and Exercise Prescription
- Health and Physical Assessments
- Exercise & Social Development through the Lifespan
Discover where a Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) degree can take you.
It is an excellent option for those looking to become a high-level professional fitness leader working in the health and fitness industry. The course is also relevant to practicing or potential personal trainers and fitness professionals seeking to broaden their skills.
Regardless of whether you want to focus on training just one person or a group of athletes, the Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) will arm you with the skills you need to be a success. Combining scientific techniques with specialised fitness movements, students will get the opportunity to understand the complexities of the human body while learning how to get the best out of their clients.
- Rehabilitation consultant
- High Performance coach
- Health or Fitness Researcher
Further study options
- Strength & Conditioning Training
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport Science
- High Performance Sport
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.